Proposed and major updates policy

Lamont R. Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Sat Feb 4 20:04:14 UTC 2006

On Saturday 04 February 2006 09:27am, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 19:01 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Hi
[snip]
> I second that.
> The lack of FC package update policy is a real pain in the back side.
> The KDE 3.5.x release backlash was just an example of why such a policy
> must be set.
>
> Might I further suggest that a message will be sent to
> fedora-testing/fedora-users once a package enters update-testing?
> At least in my case, when I see such a message in fedora-testers
> (usually kernel/udev/openoffice) I do my best to test it and report
> back. I assume that posting this info in fedora-users will encourage
> others to do the same.

Third.

Also, I would suggest a new mailing list, fedora-testing-announce, be created.
Some of us do not follow Fedora Testing or Fedora Users lists because there's
just too much traffic.  I have a hard enough time keeping up with the Fedora
Developer list in addition to the other lists.  Having such testing package
availability announcements would make it much easier for me to pick up
testing packages and try them out.

Thanks to all package maintainers for all the hard work on updating packages.
--
Lamont R. Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor