mock + ccache? (was Re: nothing from buildsys?)

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Feb 7 17:00:13 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 10:45 -0600, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 05:15:54AM -0500, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> > If you've got a 1.5Ghz CPU or faster, and install "ccache" from Fedora
> > Extras, your machine will build pretty much any package faster than
> > our buildsystem. ;o)
>
> That reminds me...  Has anyone ever tried to tie mock and ccache
> together somehow?  It seems like that would speed up repeated build
> attempts noticably.

At least with mach it works nicely, just install ccache into the chroot
and it'll get used. I don't remember if mock recreates the chroot from
scratch each time you build something - if not it should be just a
matter of installing ccache in the root (via buildgroup or manually),
otherwise it'll get more tricky.

	- Panu -