Fedora Core 5 Test 3 Slip

D Canfield canfield at uindy.edu
Wed Feb 8 03:42:24 UTC 2006

Dave Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 08:34:43AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
>  > On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 04:35 -0500, Christopher Aillon wrote:
>  > > Suspend should be working for FC5, especially on thinkpads.  Works great
>  > > on my T41 at least.
>  > >
>  >
>  > Suspend on T42 yes.  Resume?  Kind of.  I resume it goes RIGHT back to
>  > sleep, so I have to fiddle w/ the lid button once to get it to wake back
>  > up again.
>  >

> How are you doing the suspend ? Are you writing to /sys/power/sleep yourself,
> or using a helper like pm-suspend ?
>
> pm-suspend should be doing all the necessary hacking around with the button
> module itself in latest builds.
>
> 		Dave

Resume now works on my T43 after I comment out the DRI  option in
xorg.conf.  I have an ATI chipset.

Only other  resume problem is that NetworkManager doesn't know that I
have any network interfaces after a resume.  I can restart the network
(through init.d), but NM still doesn't see any interfaces.

DC