[Fwd: Re: rawhide report: 20060207 changes]

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Wed Feb 8 09:14:49 UTC 2006

Every time I post to the fedora lists lately, I am getting an
autoresponder antispam message back from one of the list members:

     eorgan945.sspam at uol.com.br

This is completely irresponsible behaviour, and bad netiquette.

The way I see it, there are 3 choices:

1) This person immediately disables this antispam confirmation
    bot and apologizes to the mailing list(s), promising to never
    do this again.

or

2) The list administrators kindly remove the person's address
    from the subscription list, transfering it to the permanent
    ban list.  If necessary, blocking the entire domain if the
    problem returns (uol.com.br).

or

3) I for one, will unsubscribe from all of the fedora lists,
    simply to avoid this nonesense.  I get 300 spam per day,
    and certainly don't need someone adding to it foolishly
    on subscription-only mailing lists.

If #2 becomes necessary, and the individual can not be identified,
I suggest blocking uol.com.br at the IP filter level on Red Hat
border routers.

--
Mike A. Harris  *  Open Source Advocate  *  http://mharris.ca
                       Proud Canadian.