dmraid comments and a warning

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 16:02:20 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 16:13 -0700, Dax Kelson wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 17:34 -0500, Peter Jones wrote:
> > Are you sure about this?  Your blkid.tab looks very much like you  used
> > the default layout on Jan 13...
>
> My para was regarding "event one" which got blown away and reinstalled
> over. The blkid.tab I posted was from the next install I did which used
> the auto-layout feature of disk druid.

Oh, ok.  I was just a bit confused on the timeframe between "one" and
"two" then.

> Physically the disks and their cables haven't been touched.
>
> I remember a big yum update that segfaulted half way through. Maybe
> related?

Could be, but it's pretty tenuous.  For some reason you got a *complete*
initrd that was merely wrong about your block devices.

> I can look and see tonight when I get home. My guess right now is
> whatever was in rawhide at that time.
>
> > So that means when you installed that, you were either already booted
> > without using raid, or mkinitrd (or one of the many tools it uses) was
> > broken.
>
> Yes. I'm sure I didn't closely observe every bootup sequence or was even
> in the room while the boot occurred so it would be easy for me to have
> missed something.
[...]
> I can attempt this if you still want.

I don't think we're going to learn much more here.  Thanks for the
effort, though.

--
  Peter