dmraid comments and a warning

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 16:41:21 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 16:26 -0700, Lamont R. Peterson wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 February 2006 12:17am, Dax Kelson wrote:
> > 2.6.15-1.1884 = dm commands inside "init"
> > 2.6.15-1.1889 - no dm commands inside "init" -- dated Feb 4th on my box
>
> I would think that is the fault of mkinitrd.

It may be, but there's no shortage of other things that could have gone
wrong.  There's not enough information to be sure.

>   At any rate, we need to test if
> mkinitrd will bring the right FRAID driver(s) into initrds that it creates.

There aren't any drivers.  It's all device-mapper.

> Perhaps the mirror broke the first time you booted with the new kernel.

No, if that were the case blkid.tab would have older timestamps than Feb
5 for the newer entries.  It'd have them from the reboot after the
install finished.

We can be certain that the first reboot brought the raid up just fine.

--
  Peter