FireMV 2400 PCI Quad Head Card

Wed Feb 8 20:09:37 UTC 2006

Hey all,

I got my quad head card working, but have some small problems. First it
I get a weird Xinerama setup, it looks like two big screens divided over
4 monitors. When i maximize a window on monitor  1 it will take up the
place of Monitor 1 and 2, when i maximize a window on monitor 3 it takes
up monitor 3 and 4. It would be nice if Xinerama knew about the 4
monitors, the  MergedXinerama option doesn't seem to do a thing, on or
off the result is the same. But i could life with that problem.

What is stranger is that a screen dump shows monitor 3/4 as black. It
seems as if only the first part of the Xinerama desktop gets into the
screenshot, is this also happening with dual head setups ?

But that this works makes me very happy :-) cause hacking X could have
been an endless project (for me at least :-)

- Erwin

PS: this card only works with the latest patch from Benjamin, as found
in the xorg mailing list archives.