OLPC 'upstream'

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Feb 8 20:58:06 UTC 2006

Pete Zaitcev wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 15:47:52 +0000, Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> wrote:
>

>>Actually quite encouraging, we'll see if "busybox" and "newlib" or
>>"uclibc" form part of Rehdat's concept.
>
> You must be raving mad to suggest uclibc. Was that supposed to be a
> sarcastic pun on the miniscule RAM spec?

What do you see shrivelling up and dying from contact with uclibc?  I am
using it here with good success, admittedly on a limited range of apps,
but all stuff like coreutils and packages at that level like procps and
so on are fine, as is openssl, php and lighttpd.

What is your opinion about newlib?

-Andy