Bugzilla dupes attack

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Feb 14 18:46:05 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 10:39, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Regardless of that bugzilla doesnt search closed reports by
> default. Search them by default would waste a lot of time and users
> generally care only about open bug reports.

I'm not so sure of that. I *always* search the closed bugs also. You can often
find similar issues, or possibly something that was just closed... If the
user isn't constantly updating their installed software, they may be running
into a bug that was already closed as resolved in a recent release.

I know, technically, they should upgrade before reporting a bug, but that
isn't always the case, and sometimes the bug is closed as fixed for the next
rawhide release, and the user is staying with a release version, so they
never see the bug... I think maybe searching open and recently-closed bugs
would be a better default (though I dunno what 'recent' should be, exactly.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com