Header is not complete yum errors today?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Feb 15 11:13:51 UTC 2006

Hi,

While trying to rebuild some packages for FC development today, and trying
to update a test system, I keep getting these errors, even after deleting
the files from my mirror, re-downloading them from Red Hat, an running
"yum clean all" on the clients :

[...]
Added 151 new packages, deleted 0 old in 2.31 seconds
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Downloading header for openssh-clients to pack into transaction set.
openssh-clients-4.3p2-1.i 100% |=========================|  32 kB    00:00
http://ftp.lan/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/openssh-clients-4.3p2-1.i386.rpm:
[Errno -1] Header is not complete. Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: Fedora/RPMS/openssh-clients-4.3p2-1.i386.rpm from
development: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

So... I re-enabled the mirrorlist, and it failed with the same error when
trying the Duke mirror, but worked fine with the next :

[...]
http://ftp.dulug.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/openssh-clients-4.3p2-1.i386.rpm:
[Errno -1] Header is not complete. Trying other mirror.
openssh-clients-4.3p2-1.i 100% |=========================|  32 kB    00:00
---> Package openssh-clients.i386 0:4.3p2-1 set to be updated
---> Downloading header for prelink to pack into transaction set.
prelink-0.3.6-3.i386.rpm  100% |=========================|  22 kB    00:00
---> Package prelink.i386 0:0.3.6-3 set to be updated

The first thing that striked me was that both my mirror and the Duke
mirror use lighttpd... but switching to use ftp on my local mirror gave me
the same error. I've checked the files with rpm -K and they're all fine...
I'll now try to re-generate my own metadata.

FWIW, my mirror syncs from download2.fedora.redhat.com.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux kernel 2.6.15-1.1831_FC4
Load : 0.53 0.64 0.49