Bugzilla prioritised improvements list

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Fri Feb 17 10:26:15 UTC 2006

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:22:53 +0100, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
>
>> Not sure where put put it, but i find that one of the reasons bz is
>> hard to find duplicates in, are because the "devel" version under
>> "fedora core" product, for example, is not about bugs in current
>> rawhide, as expected, but has bugs that dates back to the "old days"
>
> I'm sorry? I was under the impression that FC->Devel was the category
> tracking, well FC devel, which is what rawhide was some years ago.

FC devel is still referred to as rawhide on many occations - but since
test X releases are effectively snapshots of rawhide at a somewhat
stable point in time, picking the right distribution for querying for
already reported bugs becomes just a little less straight forward... All
reports filed under FC devel are still there - even bugs reported
against Pre FC 1 test releases... Again - recently released test X
releases (pre FC5 for example) could just as well have had bugs
repported against rawhide, since we're updating from the devel tree
anyways, during the testing.

I'm merely suggesting that something could be done to make this a little
clearer. I'll probably survive myself, but I have had the doubtful honor
of filing a duplicate BZ or two (because i was not able to find the
existing BZs, perhaps because of this).

/Thomas