Questioning Pirut

Sun Feb 19 13:45:30 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 17:20 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Erwin Rol wrote:

> >Pirut's GUI is just in a poor pre-alpha state, it hardly follows the
> >Gnome HIG, it can't do full screen, strange large font, the GUI
> >sometimes locks up when doing "networking" work, and the icons are just
> >terrible. If it is going to be shipped in FC5 like this it will just be
> >a plain embarrassment for Fedora.
> >
> I bet that a list of bug reports would be better to a non constructive
> flame.

Well i think that most of those things are so visible that the
developers also know them.  And a bug report like "it looks ugly"
probably only triggers a "yes we know, we are working on it" reply.

If my remark sounded like a flame, I apologize, cause it wasn't meant
like that, I just wanted to say that everybody clearly could see Pirut
simply isn't ready yet.

- Erwin