Please disable the SELinux execstack/relro checks before FC5 final

Jim Cornette fcd-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Feb 19 19:17:17 UTC 2006

Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Eric Brunson wrote:
>> This NVidia driver issue seems to be cropping up a lot on the forums.
>> Is there a fix for it other than setting permissive globally?
>
> Has anybody ever tried to simply reset the flag?  Use
>
> execstack -c /usr/lib*/libGL.so
>
> If you want, make a copy of the file first.  But it should also be
> possible to use
>
> execstack -s /usr/lib*/libGL.so
>
> to undo the effect.

The problem happens with fedora-extras programs also. Ppracer would not
start before execstack -s was performed on the library. I ra

  ppracer
ppracer: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot enable
executable stack as shared object requires: Permission denied
[jim at cornette-lt ~]$ locate libGL.so.1
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2

  execstack -c /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 allowed ppracer to start. The
performance was pretty poor though with a radeon and oss driver.

Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "radeon"
         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
         BoardName   "ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility U1"

I take it that there are many more instances around.

Thanks for the hint.

Jim