Xen issues - Was Xen network performance problem during kickstart.

Stephen C. Tweedie sct at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 13:41:02 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 15:31 +0900, Naoki wrote:

>     ------------[ cut here ]------------
> kernel BUG at include/asm/xor.h:633!
> invalid opcode: 0000 [#1]

That was supposed to be fixed (bug 177644); I'll chase this up and see
what's happening here.

> 2) Ridiculously slow : 4 hours for a guest install of ~500mb. No
> identifiable host problem.  I'm trying to do a network install and the
> instance running right now is doing less than 1 byte/sec according to
> "xm top".

Works fine for me.  This could be any number of things, from not giving
the domU enough memory to interrupt problems.  We'd need more info to
debug.

> 3) Install crashes out at random points into install :
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):                               File
> > > "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 1210, in ?
> > >
> > > handleException(dispatch, intf, sys.exc_info())
> > > return _snack.reflow(text, width, flexDown, flexUp)
> > >
> > > TypeError: argument 1 must be string without null bytes, not str
> > >                                                        install exited
> > > abnormally

Looks like an anaconda bug; could you file a bug report, please?

Thanks,
 Stephen