The value of native java

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 20 15:17:41 UTC 2006

Mauro Mozzarelli wrote:
> Perhaps this attitude does not make Europeans materially reach, but it
> makes me feel "free" and culturally reach anyway.

Yes, thank you for that lovely troll.

The world involves ALL of the world, not just Western Europe. There are
places that are less free. There are places that are a lot more free. We
are here to forge a global project, and the aim of this project is to be
available to as many people as possible, without any potential legal
problems for them.

If this means that we have to pussy-foot around the issue of patents in
order to be able to make our product available to the widest possible
audience, then we will do so. Trolling about this won't make the issue
go away.

PS: I believe someone over there just resigned from a government post
because he wore a shirt with a cartoon on it. There, now we're even and
can go back to being productive instead of mockingly pointing fingers
across the ocean. It really makes all of us look like a bunch of
rear-end cavities.

--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
McGill University WSG