Low OpenGL performance

Joachim Frieben jfrieben at freesurf.fr
Wed Feb 22 15:07:18 UTC 2006

Given that the subject of my post was "Low OpenGL performance", I was
obviously only talking about (3D) direct rendering. Typing "man nv" allows
you to learn immediately that 2D acceleration is of course available. We are
not in the 80ies anymore. Anyway, thanks for posting your FPS.

I am very interested in results by other "T23" users. My current results
("DRI" *is* enabled as "env LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo" says .. "direct
rendering: Yes" .. and no complaints that it cannot load "savage_dri.so" and
the like). I checked with a current "Ubuntu" live CD. Not terrific either,
but about 200 FPS is still better than 115 FPS which I achieve with FC5T3.