Results for install and remove tests for FC-Devel

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 15:25:31 UTC 2006

Jose' Matos wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 February 2006 14:00, Patrice Dumas wrote:
>>> 93 failures because of missing PreReq: coreutils (various commands in
>>> scripts not available during install or erase)
>> I may be completely wrong, but couldn't it be assumed that
>> coreutils is always installed? A linux system without rm doesn't
>> make much sense...
>
> For Extras, at least, coreutils is listed as one of the exceptions to the
> BuildRequires rule:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#head-4cadce5e79d38a63cad3941de1dadc9d25d67d30

Those only speaks about BuildRequires though, and there i completely
agree that a certain base set of development packages has to be
installed before trying to rebuild anything. What my test covered though
is install and remove requirements (resp. PreReqs to be more precise)
and without that information rpm can't determine wether it needs to
install coreutils before or after some package.

Read ya, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch      | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Development          | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111