Results for install and remove tests for FC-Devel

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 15:26:20 UTC 2006

Miloslav Trmac wrote:
> Patrice Dumas napsal(a):
>> I may be completely wrong, but couldn't it be assumed that
>> coreutils is always installed? A linux system without rm doesn't
>> make much sense...
> Not during installation :)  anaconda uses package dependencies to order
> the package installation correctly.
> 	Mirek

Yeah, i forgot to mention, this whole test is mainly for completeness.
Quite a few packages have coreutils as a requirement in Fedora Core, and
for packages that have a real PreReq this actually makes sense and is
certainly needed as rpm otherwise could always just put coreutils at
some later point in the install order and suddenly tons of pre or post
install scripts would break. And thats basically what this test
revealed, that there are actually quite a few packages that can break if
coreutils isn't installed prior to them, so this is really a missing
PreReq dependency.

Read ya, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch      | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Development          | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111