Open Xchange for FC5 with GCJ 4.1

Lamont R. Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Wed Feb 22 16:50:33 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 09:42am, David Hollis wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 00:33 +0100, Erwin Rol wrote:
> > Of course not everything works, but database access seems to work now
> > with postgresql 8.1 (both server and jdbc). Webmail also seems to be
> > able to read mail. And I can login, so Ldap also kind of works. I think
> > ldap addressbook is still a problem, but that is because the ldap part
> > is a serious hack, the imap stuff also has some hanks.
> >
> > Since I have a busy week coming up I will continue with the development
> > next weekend, I hope some ppl could play around with it in the meanwhile
> > and report all problems to me, so I can fix them next weekend.
>
> Some initial thoughts while looking through the spec file:
>
> It would be nice to be able to keep the html docs out of /var/www/html.
> It may be a bit debatable as to where the best location would be,
> possibly /var/www/open-xchange, /usr/share/open-xchange/.... or
> something.  Then just add a open-xchange.conf to /etc/httpd/conf.d/ that
> aliases the directory appropriately.  Knowing how OX is, that may not be
> possible without totally dorking stuff up.

How about dropping a file into /etc/httpd/conf.d/ that will "Alias" the HTML
documentation into the web space, but keep the documentation
under /usr/share/doc/package-version/ (though, I would love to see version
disappear from those directory names, for just this reason, among others).
--
Lamont R. Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor