libstdc++-so7 info?

Nicholas Miell nmiell at comcast.net
Wed Feb 22 19:40:20 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 07:09 -0500, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 07:06:45AM -0500, Neal Becker wrote:
> > I noticed the libstdc++-so7 preview, but I haven't been able to find any
> > information that summarizes what is new, compared with the current
> > libstdc++.  Any pointers?
>
> It is only included for scim purposes, please don't use it for anything
> else.  It contains various ABI breaking experimental STL changes that
> are not applicable to libstdc++.so.6.

Oh great, they're breaking the ABI again!? When will those idiots
learn...

How about Fedora stops including all new versions of libstdc++ until the
maintainers manage to wrap their tiny little minds around the concept of
a "stable ABI"?

Or else add -Bdirect and/or -Bgroup support to glibc's rtld.

--
Nicholas Miell <nmiell at comcast.net>