Attention: Proprietary video driver users (ATI, Nvidia, etc.)

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Thu Feb 23 10:03:26 UTC 2006

Davide Bolcioni wrote:

> Could SELinux be used to prevent this and, more generally, disallow
> replacement of rpm-controlled files even by the root user ?

That would be incredibly annoying and is not where we want to go... It
would complicate updates and installs and configuration and everything
that is normal administration.

People should just learn by their "mistakes" and replace whatever rpm
their operations may have corrupted.

I realize that some people need these rpms and thats why mharris kindly
suggests that these people use the third party repos.

Problem solved :o)

/Thomas