eclipse

Michael Favia michael.favia at insitesinc.com
Thu Feb 23 21:01:12 UTC 2006

Michael Favia wrote:
> Will install this afternoon and report back with troubles if
> any. -mf
Had a chance to install this afternoon. Is this really still necessary
(please see dependency resolution report from yum on bottom of msg)?
Some of those make sense to me but tomcat? I seem to remember something
about this issue before but don't remember what in particular it was.

Other than that it seems to run clean and work well. Was able to use my
existing workspace and add my extension location without issue at all.
I'm going to pound on it in the cdt and phpeclipse arena a little more
but subclipse and the basics all seem to be functional if not a tad bit
sluggish (i have no metrics to back that up).

Is there a policy for those extensions that make it into the repo and
those that don't? Or a general fedora policy on how to handle extensible
  applications (gstreamer, firefox, thunderbird, eclipse)? Because their
support seems to differ across applications. Maintaining every extension
seems like a waste of developer resources and asking each user on a
system to install the same extension seems redundant and tedious.
Regardless thanks for all the good work andrew et al. and ill report any
new issues to bugzilla. -mf

DEPS:
  Package                 Arch       Version          Repository        Size
Installing:
  eclipse-platform        i386       1:3.1.2-1jpp_7fc  development
   53 M
Installing for dependencies:
  ant-apache-bsf          i386       1.6.5-1jpp_6fc   development
  44 k
  ant-javamail            i386       1.6.5-1jpp_6fc   development
  34 k
  eclipse-rcp             i386       1:3.1.2-1jpp_7fc  development
   46 k
  geronimo-specs          i386       1.0-0.M2.2jpp_7fc  development
   227 k
  geronimo-specs-compat   i386       1.0-0.M2.2jpp_7fc  development
   4.9 k
  jakarta-commons-fileupload  noarch     1:1.0-3jpp_4fc   development
      24 k
  java-1.4.2-gcj-compat-javadoc  i386       1.4.2.0-40jpp_80rh
development        21 M
  lucene                  i386       1.4.3-1jpp_11fc  development
660 k
  lucene-demo             i386       1.4.3-1jpp_11fc  development
104 k
  tomcat5                 i386       5.0.30-8jpp_11fc  development
  3.6 M
  tomcat5-jasper          i386       5.0.30-8jpp_11fc  development
  878 k

Transaction Summary
Install     12 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)