Keeping SELinux on (was Attention: Proprietary video driver users (ATI, Nvidia, etc.))

Ron Yorston rmy at tigress.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 12:58:16 UTC 2006

Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
>Anyway, the fact that it's a tiny subset of applications doesn't mean
>that it wouldn't be helpful to get developer review of the policy, and
>participation/patches.

Quite so.  But my concern isn't with the few developers working on
critical infrastructure:  by all means have them learn about SELinux
and review policy.

However, I don't think it's reasonable to expect application developers
/in general/ to be responsible for making their applications work in
the presence of SELinux, any more than one could expect corporate admins
/in general/ to have a detailed understanding of SELinux policy.

Ron