gphoto2 problem: usb access for non root users

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 07:05:21 UTC 2006

I was out last week (holiday, eh eh ;-) and now I'm downloading test3 torrents.
My system is up2date at 18th of February at the moment and I work
without any problem.
I'll let you know after test3.
>From your e-mail, I presume you are in kde as DE, aren't you? Could it
be that interferring in some way?
I only made my tests with gnome running and using gphoto2 comand to
debug and digikam as fe application.
Today when @home I can test with kde too, to see pop ups. In gnome I
have no automatic graphic pop ups, I have to run digikam after
inserting digicamera.
I have to open a bug because for example if you mount a filesystem
when inside gnome,
when you exit, it is automatically dismounted.... so in initialitation
phases it seems there some triggers that could interfere also in your
case, just an attempt...
Apart from the kde popups, the messages that you receive with
gphoto2 --auto-detect are the same as mine at the beginning of the
thread, with success for root and nothing for users? Other messages in
/var/log/messages or with dmesg command?
And what about exact permissions assigned to files/directories I cited
in my posts?
Gianluca