ATrpms and FC5/RHEL5
jeff.pitman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 07:25:47 UTC 2006
On 1/2/06, Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:
> And "don't use 3rd party" is so bogus I'm not even going to debunk it.
It basically comes down to this, if a 3rd party is not doing something you like:
1. Communicate what's wrong on the 3rd party's mailing list. (Not on fedora's.)
2. Offer specs, patches, mechanisms, or scripts via 3rd party's
mailing list and/or bugtracker.
If that fails to alter the course of the 3rd party repo into a
direction you like, then you have the following choices:
1. Don't use the 3rd party repo.
2. Fork it and create your own.
3. Import packages into a repo that caters to your policies.
4. Rant about it randomly.
Anyway, this is all way off topic.
The conclusion of this thread is:
If there is a 3rd party repo having difficulty integrating with
Core/Extras because of a Versioned Obsoletes problem, then hang a
bugzilla for that specific package. Otherwise, Core/Extras has no
obligation to take on a massive undertaking that would cater to 3rd
More information about the fedora-devel-list