Patterned slow-down over the entire GNOME desktop

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Jan 2 19:27:07 UTC 2006

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> Then I have to say i can't confirm what you see. I'm not seeing
> appreciable extended periods of high cpu utilization for my rawhide
> synced gnome desktop running the nv driver and selinux permissive mode
> with my normal application usage patterns.

Please do not dismiss this report - I've experienced the very same
symptoms (nvidia-less and not tainted systems). Never reported them
because could not find what was blocking and why. But the experience
related there is very close to mine.

I think the effects are worse on old slow systems, and under the human
tolerance threshold on faster computers (thanksfully I'm back on my fast
system now, rawhide on an Athlon 550 was disgusting last week)

--
Nicolas Mailhot