edit root alias when installing the OS

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed Jan 4 19:36:22 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 23:24 -0800, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Jan 03, 2006, at 20:34, Florin Andrei wrote:
> > To me forward to a local address would be useless in most cases, while
> > mail loops are not a problem (I know how to configure and test email).
>
> My belief is that there are too many users who don't, and making it
> easy for them to shoot themselves in the foot would lead to more
> trouble than its worth. But for giggles, since I'm in the process of
> trying to teach myself python, perhaps I'll try to put something
> together that does give users the choice...

If the installer only allows local redirection, then it may (or not)
save some newbies some trouble, but it's not a measurable improvement
for more experienced users.

If there's such a great concern about mail loops (which I think is
unjustified, but maybe that's just me), then the installer should let
the user choose between local redirection and remote forward, with the
local redirection being the default.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/