system-config-network-tui

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue Jan 10 17:15:16 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 16:40 +0100, Igor Jagec wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
> > If you are working on wireless connections, Network Manager might be
> > more appropriate http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/NetworkManager
>
> I don't like that tool. It breaks my wireless connection very often. I
> removed it from my system immediately. I read some experiences on news
> groups about breaking ADSL connection, and so on.

Maybe I didn't look in the right places, my problem with it was that it
seemed to insist on running a caching nameserver, which is no good for
me because I need to use the nameserver provided by whichever dhcp I'm
connected to at the moment for resolving some internal hostnames.

So I just use Network Device Control and edit it when necessary.