Mono [Re: rawhide report: 20060110 changes]

Trever L. Adams tadams-lists at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 10 22:52:01 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 22:27 +0000, Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Ok, it does however rely on ikvm according to Novel's packages. But the
> > vte bit makes sense.
>
> I know it does on vte, but ikvm? From memory, ikvm is a java vm for
> mono. It's not required to build monodevelop (I've never needed and have
> been building mono from source for well over a year now - to be honest,
> you're better off with a csharp emacs mode than monodevelop).
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

Alright, when I went to remove ikvm monodevelop said it needed it.
Again, based on Novel's packages. So, bogus dependency I guess.

To be honest, I have hated emacs since day one of my Linux usage. I
don't really know why, just do. (And no, I am not a huge monodevelop fan
but have found it useful at times.)

Trever
--
"The Master doesn't talk, he acts. When his work is done, the people
say, 'Amazing: we did it, all by ourselves!'" -- Lao-tzu