rawhide report: 20060110 changes [extras packages moved to core]

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Jan 11 19:18:08 UTC 2006

Le mercredi 11 janvier 2006 à 13:49 -0500, Jeff Spaleta a écrit :
> and she has chosen on her own to use a mechanism that looks a
> hell of a lot more like "management" than "browsing."

So what ?
Where did I wrote management was bad or useless ?
You're the one who insists it's one or the other. In all your messages
you clearly indicate the behaviour of both apps is very different. That
makes the whole overlap argument moot IMHO.

Unless you have a scientific user study which proves one is better than
the other for the overwhelming majority of fedora users. And takes more
than one test subject (who haven't even been exposed to f-spot yet if I
read you properly)

It would have been different if the app you wanted to remove had a
significant cost in maintenance, volume or pulled deps. But it's not
even the case.

--
Nicolas Mailhot