rawhide report: 20060110 changes [extras packages moved to core]

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 10:20:10 UTC 2006

On 1/12/06, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
> 1. if it is redundant with nautilus why didn't you propose to remove it
> before ?

because I didnt use it to "browse" I i used it for to "manage" via its
catalog and library functionality. Since i didn't use its redundant
browsing features I didn't fully understand how redundantly redundant
it actually was. For what I was attempting to use it for, f-spot
overlaps.
For what you have described to me as "browsing" functionality that i
never used, I feel that nautilus/eog overlap.

> 2. you still have to prove your assertion that the gthumb mode is useless
> for most fedora users

Im very sure i did not at any point assert that browsing was useless.
I said i was unsure that it was more important than management. I've
ground my arguments in my personal ancedotal experience, I'm not the
one throwing hyperbole around. I can't compete with you on that score.

> I don't ask for any change so I don't need to do anything but blow holes
> in your arguments. Which is rather easy since they boil out to "I pray
> that with f-spot my wife may not feel obligated to boot into windows to
> use picasa, and I feel gthumb is useless"

I have not until this very post written the word "useless" in this
thread. Anyone bothering to keep score and has an active gmail cache
can verify that for you if you are incapable of your own fact
checking. Please refrain from putting words in my mouth. I'm more than
capable of speaking for myself.

-jef"Attention OSnews... there's a potential new staff writer in this
thread"spaleta