Weird dbus problem when not using GDM (but custom scripts)

Chris Chabot chabotc at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 12 12:56:41 UTC 2006

Woops quick correction to the x2.sh script before anybody is thinking of
ever using it, the killall killed the --system dbus to.

I've changed my x2.sh to:
#!/bin/bash
cd /root
kill -9 $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID &>/dev/null
/usr/bin/dbus-launch --sh-syntax &> /tmp/dbus-env
echo -e "export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID\n" >> /tmp/dbus-env
. /tmp/dbus-env
rm -f /tmp/dbus-env
xhost +
xrdb -merge /root/.Xresources
exec gnome-session

Should work a lot better when not killing the system global dbus :-)