suspend/hibernate on desktops

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Sun Jan 15 18:43:07 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:

> The kernel from Friday's and Saturday's rawhide caused my previously
> hibernate to stop working.  Tries to go in then comes back out.  Usually
> means that a kernel process can't be stuffed into swap.  A bug would
> help if there isn't already one.

OK, I've been on davej's kernel repo during the "stagnation" for FC5T2
release, so knew I should expect the unexpected there!

I particularly found that syslogd refused to be stopped (and once a raid
rebuild process did too, probably understandable I'd rather an array
finsih rebuilding than go to sleep half rebuilt) so I had more success
by stopping syslog beforehand (tried a few other suggestions I saw
knocking around (i.e. rmmod button) and unplugging some USB devices.

Now I'm back to rawhide rather than davej kernel I'll append/create a bug.