suspend/hibernate on desktops

Dumitru Ciobarcianu rhl-devel-list at lnx.ro
Mon Jan 16 10:31:18 UTC 2006

În data de Lu, 16-01-2006 la 09:41 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis a scris:
> > I agree in general but if the community wants to maintain such kernels
> > why should we stop them?.
>
> In the swsusp2 case: Because it takes away testers and users aways from
> our core kernels (and the work that is done by upstream, too). And we
> want a swsusp to work there out of the box in the longer term.

<suspend2 spoiled user>

That's the reason I use suspend2: it works (mostly, if you don't include
patching the kernel) out of the box, not depending on the phase of the
moon thank you verry much.

I preffer a working solution to a constantly-shifting one.

</rant>

--
Cioby