Feature request - Remove apps from inside gnome menu.

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 17:07:42 UTC 2006

> > In this case, right clicking on one GNOME app and choosing to
> > uninstall it, could end up uninstalling many more things than
> > the user may have anticipated, including perhaps things that
> > they did not want to uninstall.
>
> True but we could ask for confirmation then. We might also consider
> enabling drag and drop of application entries into the waste backet to
> uninstall the package. Some dbus magic between gnome-panel and pirut
> would help I guess. J5?

This has nothing to do with dbus -- it's not like pirut is always
running.

FWIW, it's actually pretty simple to implement something like this where
you trackback "what package is this file from, remove that package" and
go from there.  It definitely has some potential scariness for removing
a lot more than you expect.

Jeremy