Feature request - Remove apps from inside gnome menu.

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 17:34:02 UTC 2006

> >FWIW, it's actually pretty simple to implement something like this where
> >you trackback "what package is this file from, remove that package" and
> >go from there.  It definitely has some potential scariness for removing
> >a lot more than you expect.
> >
> I would love to see this implemented. This process of deleting menu
> entries or drag and drop to waste basket is far more straight forward
> than dealing with Pirut directly IMO.

I basically wrote the "install a single package" app yesterday on a
plane, so will hopefully get to doing the miscellaneous surrounding crap
(like mime info stuff) later and get it committed and built.  That
should give people a nice and simple starting point to understand what
needs to be written

Jeremy