gnome-panel broken ?

Kjartan Maraas kmaraas at broadpark.no
Wed Jan 18 09:02:40 UTC 2006

tir, 17,.01.2006 kl. 13.12 +0100, skrev Nicolas Mailhot:
> On Mar 17 janvier 2006 12:58, Bart Vanbrabant wrote:
> > Erwin Rol wrote:
> >> Gnomepanel seems to be broken, is anybody else seeing the following
> >> problem;
> >>
> >> mouse clicks in the panels do not work.
> >> the panel "main"-menu doesn't work
> >> applets still seem to work
> >>
> >> - Erwin
> >>

> > I don't have this problem. For me the panel seems to work.
>
> I have gnome applets crashing randomly on startup, gaim segfaulting...
> rpm -Va seems clean

This is caused by our (GNOME developers) decision to make all *-CRITICAL
warnings from GNOME libraries/apps fatal, causing them to crash instead
of just spewing logs. This was decided to get these problems that are
often real bugs fixed before the next stable GNOME release. It seems the
next gnome-session update will turn this off in rawhide and it will
probably not be turned on again until more of these are fixed.

Cheers
Kjartan