RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jan 18 16:53:31 UTC 2006

> On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 16:23 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> >
> > That's what RH wants to make people believe. Reality is different - FC
> > is directed, maintained and provided by RH. FE is the community provided
> > set of packages, a "Fedora Project" isn't much more than a marketing
> > bubble.
>
> Quite wrong.  Fedora is directed, maintained, and provided by the Fedora
> Foundation.

That's not the impression you communicate and how it is perceived by the
community. At least to my knowledge, all packages in FC are 100% under
RH control and decisions on which packages to include into FC are taking
without contacting or communicating them to the community (I am still
waiting on an explanation wrt. the sudden introduction of Mono).

But I realize the fedora.redhat.com pages seem to have recently changed
and now tell something else than the did before.

... I still remember the words "Fedora guided by RH, ..."

>   Red Hat donates services, man hours, hardware, etc.. to the
> foundation to meet its goals, but in the end, decisions are made by the
> Foundation.

So far, to non-redhatters, the foundation has been virtually
non-existent and has been perceived as "yet another marketing bubble".

Tell us, who is the foundation? Who are the persons and groups behind
it? How is it related to FE?

>   We're working very hard to draw the line of separation
> between Red Hat the company and the Fedora Foundation.
Yes, there apparently are severe communication deficiencies wrt. this.

Ralf