RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 19:54:58 UTC 2006

On 1/18/06, Toshio Kuratomi <toshio at tiki-lounge.com> wrote:
> - Nitpick: There have been changes made to the EOL timeframe for at
> least two of the three FC releases so saying "Always been _policy_"
> isn't accurate.  ("This is what's happened in all past releases" would
> be more truthful.)

Nitpick.. the start of the next testing cycle has flutuated, but the
"policy" with regard to tying
EOL to the test2 release was established before FC1 eol'd and has not
changed at all since FC1 eol'd. Specific EOL dates for any release
have never been communicated..that were not tied to the expected date
of test2 release. If test2 slipped its release date, it was becasue of
development issue and had no regard to the EOL issue.  The policy has
been communicated and used consistently.. old releases EOL when new
test2 release are available.  I take issue with your assertion that
this policy has not been followed. The annoucements for fc1, fc2 and
fc3 EOL have all happened in conjuction with test2 releases and have
explicitly stated that fact. You can verify that for yourself by
checking the annouce-list archive.  The application of the EOL policy
has not deviated from the communicated process.

Date: Sep 20, 2004
Fedora Core 1 Transferred to Fedora Legacy
With the release of Fedora Core 3 Test 2

Date: Apr 11, 2005
Fedora Core 2 Transferred to Fedora Legacy
With the release of Fedora Core 4 Test 2

Date: Jan 16, 2006
Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy
With the release of Fedora Core 5 Test 2

-jef