Test release/ mirror name issues

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 22:44:09 UTC 2006

Hi

I have seen the current test release names to be too confusing for many
users. Why not put fc5test2 in a directory of the same name for example?

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/test/

Also the SRPM ISOs are under the same directory as binary images. 99% of
the world probably doesnt need this one. We should atleast move into a
different directory and call in fc5test2-sourcecode1.iso or something
more specific.

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/test/4.91/i386/iso/

Moreover the boot.iso image for a network boot installation is under a
different directory from the other ISO images. Many of the users seem to
be unaware of the existence of this and rescue mode iso images.

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/test/4.91/i386/os/images/

--
Rahul