RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu Jan 19 20:07:01 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 11:32 -0800, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 12:17 +1100, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> > Quoting "Michael A. Peters" <mpeters mac com>:
> >
> > > Not everyone feels the need to fix what isn't broken
> >
> > Yes. Maybe these people should have stayed on Red Hat Linux 5.0 then?
>
> It's been less than a year since FC3 was the CURRENT version.
> Let's not make a strawman out of the issue.

I think the thing that should be much more clearly pointed out than it
currently is, is the fact that any given FC release is a *very*
short-lived distribution. People install FC<whatever> because they heard
somebody talk about how cool distro it is, without realizing AT ALL that
the version they're installing is about to go EOL in two months or so.

	- Panu -