[spam] Re: libtrash in fedora Core 5

Bernhard Suttner suttner at anduras.de
Fri Jan 20 13:01:37 UTC 2006

I had the same opinion before yesterday. I am a real bash user. I only
work with the terminal and do not use konqueror or nautilus. But if I
execute "rm" in the shell (without adding a alias or ask the user
everytime if you really want to do that) I have no chance to undelete
the files. But, If libtrash would be installed, you are able to recover
the deleted files.

Debian has a libtrash package, too.

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:46:06 +0100
Thomas M Steenholdt <tmus at tmus.dk> wrote:

> Bernhard Suttner wrote:
> > Helo fedora people,
> >
> > I had a big problem yesterday. I have deleted some important files
> > on a ext3 filesystem. As you know, with ext3 you can not undelete
> > files (I have tested undelete, recover, unrm, grep, e2undel and many
> > more).
> >
> > So I have searched for a "solution" to the "delete" problem, and I
> > have found libtrash. If you have installed libtrash, all files you
> > delete go into a directory "trash". If you are sure, you can delete
> > the file really.
> >
> > Would it be possible to add libtrash to the Fedora Core 5?
> >
> > Greets,
> > Bernhard Suttner
> >

> This sounds badly like a "we need linux to behave like windows"
> initiative, which IMHO is not the way we want to go!
>
> All the provided desktop managers (GNOME, KDE) have this feature.
> Making a trashcan for everything would really be a bad idea!
>
> /Thomas
>
> --

Bernhard Suttner <suttner at anduras.de>

 ANDURAS service solutions AG
 Innstraße 71 - 94036 Passau - Germany
 Web: www.anduras.de - Tel: +49 (0)851-4 90 50-0 - Fax: +49 (0)851-4 90
50-55

Rechtsform: Aktiengesellschaft - Sitz: Passau - Amtsgericht Passau HRB
6032
Mitglieder des Vorstands: Sven Anders, Marcus Junker, Michael Schön
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dipl. Kfm. Thomas Träger