Removing Evolution on Rawhide

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 14:38:52 UTC 2006

lør, 21 01 2006 kl. 09:15 -0500, skrev Willem Riede:

> No, but I ask that everyone's freedom to choose is preserved.

Wha about my freedom to use software that just works - your freedom to
choose is preserved in the simple fact that Fedora supplies src.rpm
files - if you do not like a given dependency, fix it for your own
machine. This btw. is one of the many reasons why rpath' conary package
management system is wonderful, it's trivially easy to alter such things
and build personalized distros when there's deviation from the base
vanilla system. Say replacing Evolution with Thunderbird (which is what
I assume most people do when getting rid of Evolution).

One of the things I use Beagle for is searching my mail, it's endlessly
faster than using Evolution for this task. Thus I really love the fact
that this feature is finally in Fedora.

Not that I have many kind words for Evolution in general, I guess the
best I can offer is "it sucks less than the competition".

- David

--
Obligatory shameless blog plug - The GNOME commentary located at
www.lovesunix.net/blog