SELINUX file contexts FUBARed in fresh install?

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Sun Jan 22 16:07:21 UTC 2006

Spent a few hours wiping and reinstalling my test box this weekend to
check for improvement/eradication of old bugs ...

I left my local mirror at 2006-01-20 rather than bring it right up to
date first (to avoid the udev/hotplug dependency issues)

Is it just me or is SELINUX setting leaving a freshly installed system
with knackered security contexts?

/etc/resolv.conf unwritable by dhclient (this already in BZ#178465 and a
restorecon fixes it)

but I find that firefox won't start and restorecon won't help it either,
so I logged BZ#178608, similar for thunderbird and dosbox

Booting with selinux=0 lets all the above run OK, is this a known rough
version? or does all this warrant a new BZ for selinux?

Shame rawhide doesn't seem to be in a good state for testing this
weekend, but I know everybody needs sleep sometime :-)