yum update gone bad today?

Trever L. Adams tadams-lists at myrealbox.com
Thu Jan 5 20:35:57 UTC 2006

I had this happen on one machine. Make sure you remove all nisplus
entries from any line that is not commented (#) in /etc/nsswitch.conf.
Note, you do not remove the entire line, you just remove nisplus.

I had one computer that had this problem and this is what fixed it. IT
was also very interesting. None of the other machines have nisplus
entries. I do not know why one would get it (that was only occassionally
updated) while another didn't and none of the ones that get updated
nearly every day had the problem.

Trever Adams

--
"I don't know how World War III will be fought, but I do know World War
IV will be fought with sticks and stones" -- Einstein