USB storage question (was Re: CD Eject)

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 10:18:55 UTC 2006

Hi

> First, never yank a mounted USB device.

Something that has been bothering me for a while, what is responsible
for detecting and mounting USB devices on Fedora?

The reason I ask is that I'd like to make sure that what I consider
reasonable mount options are used, including noatime and shortname=win95
(I have a FAT based mp3 player that by default mounts but is unusable
due to the default shortname setting)

I would like to reconfigure it and if code changes are necessary to
allow configurability then I might still be tempted. So please point me
in the direction of something relevant...

-Cam

--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--