system-config-network-tui

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sun Jan 8 15:22:00 UTC 2006

Igor Jagec wrote:

>I noticed that there are no Wireless entry in system-config-network-tui,
>and there is in system-config-network-gui. BTW what ever I do, I can't
>make my wep key working with that tool, and some more advanced options.
>Sometimes is much more easier to put my own scripts in
>/etc/rc.d/rc.local, such as:
>
>/sbin/iwconfig wlan0 key restricted XXXXXXXXXX
>/sbin/iwconfig wlan0 rate 54M
>/sbin/iwconfig wlan0 channel 11

If you are working on wireless connections, Network Manager might be
more appropriate http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/NetworkManager

>It would be very nice if you make ncurces based version of all the
>system-config tools and to improve some of them, such as network tool.
>
>Cheers!

Some of them already have text user interfaces. If you want to work on
other tools,  you can use Fedora Extras as a gateway. It's enabled by
default, you get CVS space, build system access, peer reviews and so on.

--
Rahul

Fedora Bug Triaging - http://fedorproject.org/wiki/BugZappers