FC4+Updates: howto update the database of modules using at boot

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Tue Jan 10 15:14:17 UTC 2006

Hi, when I get some FC4 update, I run anaconda-runtime and rebuild the
structure and DVD.ISO image.

But the new FC4+Patch not see some SCSI controller (new mpt* modules),
the new modules not are into modules.cgz.

> [root at lesca makebootdisk.dir.5797]# cd modules/
> [root at lesca modules]# ls
> module-info  modules.cgz  modules.dep  modules.pcimap
> modules.usbmap  pci.ids  pcitable
> [root at lesca modules]# grep mpt *
> module-info:mptbase
> module-info:mptscsih
> modules.dep:mptspi: mptscsih mptbase scsi_mod
> modules.dep:mptscsih: mptbase scsi_mod
> modules.dep:mptsas: mptscsih mptbase scsi_transport_sas scsi_mod
> modules.dep:mptlan: mptbase
> modules.dep:mptfc: mptscsih mptbase scsi_mod
> modules.dep:mptctl: mptbase
> modules.dep:mptspi: mptscsih mptbase scsi_mod
> modules.dep:mptscsih: mptbase scsi_mod
> modules.dep:mptsas: mptscsih mptbase scsi_transport_sas scsi_mod
> modules.dep:mptfc: mptscsih mptbase scsi_mod
> modules.dep:mptspi: mptscsih mptbase scsi_mod
> modules.dep:mptscsih: mptbase scsi_mod
> modules.dep:mptsas: mptscsih mptbase scsi_transport_sas scsi_mod
> modules.dep:mptfc: mptscsih mptbase scsi_mod
> modules.dep:mptlan: mptbase
> [root at lesca modules]# vi module-info
> [root at lesca modules]# gzip -dc modules.cgz|cpio -it|grep mpt
> 2.6.14-1.1656_FC4/i586/mptbase.ko
> 2.6.14-1.1656_FC4/i586/mptscsih.ko
> 15999 blocks

Is possible insert into modules.cgz (and in module-info) the new mtp
modules before rebuild the structure ?
How To do that?

Many thanks to all!
FC4 is a good linux Distro!