rawhide report: 20060110 changes [extras packages moved to core]

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Jan 11 13:06:14 UTC 2006

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> On Mar 10 janvier 2006 19:44, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>
>>On 1/10/06, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org> wrote:
>>
>>if f-spot is in... is gthumb going to be moved out as overlapping
>>functionality?
>>I'd prefer one or the other... but not both in Core.  I have no dog in
>>the "best of breed image management" race lets just pick one and then
>>move the other one into Extras.
>

> There is one *BIG* difference between gthumb and f-spot

[snip]

> Till f-spot gets a "casual browsing mode" it's not a real gthumb replacement

So this would not make f-spot a more appropriate candidate for extras
instead of core?
If, for example, we will have a simple BitTorrent GUI in core and the
full featured Azureus in extras, why not the same policy for image
organizers?

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats/