rawhide stability

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Jan 17 18:29:57 UTC 2006

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> On Mar 17 janvier 2006 14:53, Steve G wrote:
>
>> Please continue testing and giving us feedback on fedora-selinux. We do
>> appreciate the testing.
>
> And I appreciate the fixes (really)
> However my point was more you have to be seriously motivated to do selinux
> testing right now, and I'm not sure many people are willing to do this
> effort. rawhide of fc5t2 + selinux is barely dogfoodable at the moment.

Are we talking targeted or strict policy here? I've targeted enabled by
default for more then a year now. Sure sometimes you can't log on, so
you boot with selinux=disabled wait for reports that it is fixed reboot,
sit through the very long relabel and all is well again.

It is really not that bad, as long as you learn:
-system does poof
-don't panic most likely selinux *
-reboot with selinux=disabled
-try again after a few days without selinux=disabled

Regards,

Hans

* Actually this is true, which indeed makes it kinda bad.